President Talabani Warns of Iraqi-Kurds Faceoff
|News - Iraq|
Stop Fundamentalism – Iraqi President, Jalal Talabani warned the Iraqi people on his official website that the political process preventing an Iraqi civil war is facing major threats. He blamed lack of trust among different political groups to be the cause of the rising tensions.
Earlier, Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki sent in the Iraqi troops into disputed territories of Iraq along the boarders of the self-governed Kurdistan region were Kurdhish Peshmarga forces are present.
"Most worrying is that these threats have lead to force mobilization on both sides," President Talabani wrote referring to Iraqi troops and Kurdish Peshmarga forces. "Such development is very dangerous for the political process and may lead to serious events not benefiting the security of the country and well-being of its people."
Also, Al-Maliki ordered today a freeze on payments of all salaries paid to the staff of offices of the Defense and Sate Ministries based in the Kurdish region including two military divisions in charge of protecting Iraq's President, Talabani.
Meanwhile, a Kurdish Peshmarga top commander, who wanted to remain unknown, spoke to the media and warned Baghdad today that he has a 30,000 man strong army ready to deploy if Nouri Al-Maliki does not pull back his forces.
- Another Massacre at Camp Ashraf: Iraqi Forces Kill 52 Iranian Dissidents
- Iran Human Rights – 61 Execution following Election including 6 Women
- At Least 40 Killed in Cairo As Morsi Supporters Clash with Egyptian Army
- Tech Companies Turn to Wearable Technology as Windows 8 Fails to Boost PC Sales
- Vine Challenging Instagram Video Service
- Video - Brazil Protests Continue, World Cup Second Issue
- Video - Afghan Suicide Bombers Kill at least 14
Legal: All opinions stated are that of the Author and not this website’s and its editor. Also as a policy, we do not use copyrighted content on our website. If you notice such content, please contact us and we will remove the copyrighted material within 10 working days.